no internet at home until later this week so just a quick update...
I don't really want to have a bikin' blog (because bikin' sucks) but I am just about to quit this sport again after the last two weeks:
- Two crashes (one in the final 200m due to a pair of idiots running into each other, one due to a cop - each in different races)
- A destroyed front wheel (from the second crash)
- A wrecked helmet (one week old wrecked helmet)
- Nasty lower back/buttocks injury preventing me from applying power with my right leg - stopped me from racing this weekend
- Randomnly broken cleat while training
- Broke a spoke on my rear wheel (twice actually, on two seperate rides)
- A bottom bracket in death throes
- And, not related to me but I just found out Lisa got DSQ'd from her 2nd place finish in Ontario today (yellow line violations).
Anyways, my new bike will be here Monday (as they seem to tell me every week). I will write an odd to the Eddy Mercx when the new one arrives.
Posted by Alistair Howard at May 7, 2005 07:58 PM
Bikin's dumb, didn't you learn that the first time!
Posted by: Dan at May 8, 2005 01:06 AM